Saturday, January 10, 2009

The books I'm reading

When I was a young boy, I used to read quite a lot of books. Well, I definitely didn't spent my leisure time in front of the TV, since there were only two TV channels those days in Poland. At the age of seventeen, I got one of the best books I've ever read, i.e. Arch of Triumph by Erich Maria Remarque . By the way, I've read almost all his books, among others: All Quiet On the Western Front, Three Comrades, The Black Obelisk and of course Night in Lisbon.
I also remember wery well the other books from my highschool time which I liked very much, like e.g. Bonjour tristesse by Françoise Sagan, although completely different. I read it in English, Polish and even Swedish lately.
Today, I have to share my spare time between my other passions for: photography, music, cars, foreign languages, travelling and not necessarily in that order.

I'm currently reading one of the
Sidney Sheldon's books: The other side of me. The book is about Sidney's life, who worked as a bus boy, a clerk, an usher, but dreamt of being so much more - a writer, and what's more, a writer in Hollywood. Well, we all have our dreams.

2 comments:

Nancy Lewis said...

I like to read the memoirs of authors of fiction because it gives us perspective on the person behind the novels. I enjoyed reading Michael Crichton's "Travels", & look forward to reading Amy Tan's "The Opposite of Fate".

Jerry said...

I also think that when the authors of fiction write their books in form of memoirs they perhaps feel even more motivated and commited to their stories, as they are telling us about their personal experiences and their deepest emotions.